How we Increased an eCommerce Company’s Facebook Ads Performance 2,800%

Situation

Early in 2019, we took over an eCommerce brand’s Facebook advertising.  At the time their Facebook campaigns were not performing well and they were losing faith in the channel.  With a strong ROI focus and uncertainty on the channel the client wanted to keep the initial budget low and grow as ROI was proven.

Challenge

The client's product is an item that makes everyday life easier for people with disabilities.  This is a unique item that no other company can produce while covered under their patent.  Due to the uniqueness of the item and the fact that it needs to be installed, potential customers need to be educated on how it works before purchase.

Digging into the data, we noticed over 90% of website visitors would immediately go to the How it Works page.  We would then see those visitors browse through products only to then go back to the How it Works page and then bounce.  It was clear that the website was not doing a good job of educating the consumer even though the client had all new imagery.

Based on the data we were seeing, we knew video or animation was really needed to show this product in action.  Unfortunately, the client did not have any strong video assets.

Our Approach

After carefully digging through the customer journey on the site, we presented the client with all the data showing the need for video.  This included a projected performance increase since the client was very ROI focused.

After another week or so of their imagery underperforming, we finally got the client to agree to create a video with our input.  It was a ten second clip showing how the product worked in the simplest way.

We adjusted our campaigns to focus on the video asset vs the images.  We also featured the video prominently on the home page as well as the how it works page on the client's website.

Results

Summary

Being a fully integrated paid social media agency, we knew that even though our upper funnel Facebook Ads were driving highly qualified traffic that was not enough.  We quickly dug into the conversion rate (CRO) issues the client was having and used the data to drive actionable changes.  Once those changes were made performance sky rocketed.

This case study demonstrates the need for a fully integrated agency that collaborates across departments to deliver strong results for the client.

Contact us today to see how we can get you similar results!

%d bloggers like this: